The IT Infrastructure specialist is responsible for installing, maintaining and updating all systems/applications; providing technical solutions and resolve any issues faced as per the SLA agreed with customer.
Individual will provide resolution to the reported incidents/issues with in defined timelines (SLA). Communicates and coordinates closely with his team members at onsite and offshore as being part of the team. Reports technically and functionally to the Project Manager and will operate under the direction of the Project Manager.
He/She will also be responsible for client interaction and ensuring on-time quality deliverables. This skill set requires multi-year, multi-phase project experience. Great analytical skills, problem solving approach, troubleshooting expertise and client interaction skills required.
Skills / Qualifications
- Applicants must have a minimum of 6-8 years of overall IT experience.
- 6+ years of Infra support projects in 24 x 7 environments with 2-3 years in a webhosting environment supporting clients on Linux and UNIX servers, handled installation, and configuration.
- 3+ years of experience in Providing remote servers administration and onsite support to the clients using various tool, managing local and remote disks.
- Expertise in managing file systems like NFS, EXT, XFS and RAID and good working knowledge of Logical Volume Management (LVM).
- Adept in shell scripting with ability to set up kernel parameter to improve server performance.
- Adept in working with Linux environment including:
- Securing Linux (RHEL 5) boxes - controlling Xinetd services like Telnet, SSH, FTP
- Red Hat Pack; YUM client/ server configuration (through RPMs & ISO images).
- Manage Log Files - Syslog (Linux) management with Logrotate utility
- Has implemented and designed Apache server along with managing and monitoring with Nagios and performance tuning
- Experience in implementing Vhost in multiple environments including production stage and development server. Adept in implementing Apache rewrite rules in development, stage and production Server.
- Monitoring and tracing of multiple servers and status, setting cron jobs for daily maintenance of servers, Setting and managing log rotation for apache servers
- Good exposure in Installation, Integration and maintenance of Apache, MySQL and setting the tuning parameters
- Expertise ininstallation and configuration of Nagios alerts or similar alert tools /applications
- Adept in identifying and resolving complex issues including conflicts and develop innovative solutions for our client's business/technology goals.
- Expert in problem solving, troubleshooting and process improvement methods
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Ability to mentor junior team members
Tools and Technologies Required:
- Proven Experience in: Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP (LAMP), Shell Scripting, Nagios, JBOSS, Tomcat, LoadBalancer (BIG 5), Nagios
- Awareness of : LDAP, , Cloud computing, Virtualization, LVM, HP ILO, WEB Accelerator (Akamai/aiCache/Memcache), RSYNC , Telnet, SSH, FTP Education Requirements: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering or a related field.