Knowledge of SQL and Visual Basic or some other programming language is helpful.
Who Should Attend
Any VB 6.0 developer who wishes to start developing Windows applications with VB.NET. Attendees should be familiar with client and server environment. Knowledge of SQL and Visual Basic or some other programming language is also helpful. Previous experience with any OOP language application development is recommended but not required.
Each day of the VB.NET course there will be a combination of presentations, code walk-through, and hands-on projects. The project incorporates everything we've covered during the VB.NET course.
Windows Forms Programming
- Forms Designing, Building MDI Application with Menus design, Using .NET Controls
- Debugging Techniques, Structured Error Handling, Validation techniques
Data and Access
- ADO.NET Breakdown
- Methods of Accessing Data
- Data Reader vs. Data Adapter
- Datasets and XML
- Datasets vs. Data Views
- Calling Stored Procedures in SQL 2008
.NET Framework and Visual Studio 2008/2010
- Microsoft's .NET History
- .NET Overview
- Base Class Library
- Common Language Runtime
- IDE Elements
- Forms Overview
- Everything is an Object, Writing code using objects
- New Class Basics
COM and Web Services
- Language Differences from VB6
- Why Web Services?
- SOAP and Three steps to a web service
- Accessing a web service in any .NET App
- Exposing existing Com Objects
Distribution & Versioningn
- Assemblies, the GAC, and versioning
- Deployment Options
What you'll learn
You will learn how to develop VB.NET windows client/server applications employing Windows Forms, Web Services, ADO.NET, XML, Data Binding, Components, and the .NET framework. All exercises will be created using the VB.NET language. Students will learn how to use Visual Studio integrated development environment to develop VB.NET applications. All database exercises will employ Microsoft SQL Server 2008.
VB.NET course will have one class project and one assignment project. A typical VB.NET Project involves building an application covering one of the following domains- Finance, Telecom, Health-care, Pharmaceuticals.
Contact us. To learn more about about ITM's VB.NET Certification.